Re: security update script?

Am Fre, 2002-12-13 um 00.10 schrieb Erno Kuusela:
> hello,
>
> before i start on my own, has anyone written a script they would like
> to share for downloading security updates?
>
> i mean one that you can feed a DSA mail to, and it would check the
> pgp signature and download the updated packages and verify the md5sums.

Well that's what apt-get update;apt-get upgrade is good for.

If there is no updated version on http://security.debian.org/ (and
apt-get upgrade doesn't work because of this) there is no point in
having a script which downloads something that does not exist.

Just be sure to run apt-get update;apt-get -s upgrade with cron each few
hours, and mail root if there are any updates.

--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice