Re: floppy icon disappeared

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 09:43, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 04:41:41PM -0800, Cyberthor wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> >     before floppy icon work good  at xwindow of gnome at desktop  then
> > 2 days ago it disappeared after boot up after update wvdial and libwvs
> > files installed  so one more of setserial need to install  from floppy
> > disk  cuz i get d/l of files at winx9 into floppy disk then i moved
> > disks moved to linux pc , anyway
> >
> >      How i could get floppy icon back ? plse ?
>
> It's been a while since I've used GNOME, but can't you just right click
> on the desktop and re-add the floppy drive?
>
> -rob

This depends on whether you are running GMC or Nautilus. With Nautilus,
the floppy and CD drives appear once the mount is done, and disappear
when dismounted. With GMC, they are there from the start.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org