Re: benching udma2 drives

Robert Land said:
> Do people on this list use these ancient udma2 hdd's?
>
> I did a short test using "hdparm -t /dev/hda" and although
> I have everything turned on that sounds like 'fast' the
> test only showed ~9 MB/s !

bonnie++ is a much closer to real world test then hdparm,
I reccomend using it. Not sure why so many people use hdparm
to test performance. Lower level performance doesn't mean a whole
lot, filesystems can dramatically affect performance. I would
expect your results to get lower, 9MB/s sounds very very fast
for a UDMA2 disk.

nate