Re: Apps under WINE

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Russell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got notepad.exe to work under wine (i think it's built in).
> I'm trying to get wordpad.exe to work now. It's currently in
> ~/driveC/Program Files/Accessories.
>
> Wine says it can't find wordpad.exe. Do i need to add an explicit
> path for it in wine config, or should the windows registry supply
> the path?

You should have something like this in your wine config:

[Drive C]
"Path" = "~/driveC"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "windows"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

Then you can start wordpad with this.

wine ~/driveC/Program Files/Accessories/wordpad.exe

You can also add the following to your config in section [wine]:
"Path" = "...;c:\\Program Files\\Accessories"

Then you can start it with:

wine wordpad.exe

> Is it any use copying the original windows registry to wine?

I would not do this.

> I've copied all of C:/windows and C:/program files
> from a windows pc to wine. Is that the right thing to do?

Yes, this should be alright.

Burkhard