Mozilla 1.2 libjsj.so

Has anyone else had this problem? When I start any of the 1.2-series mozilla's
installed from standard sid .debs I get the following error:

/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin: relocation error: /usr/lib/libjsj.so:
undefined symbol: __vt_24nsASingleFragmentCString

I don't see any bugs against mozilla-browser (that's where libjsj.so comes
from) and can't find any references to "mozilla" and "libjsj.so" on google.

So far I have tried:
* removing the user profile directory
* purging and reinstalling all mozilla and related packages
* changing default locale from en_US to C and back

Any ideas? Thanks

Warren