Re: Jpeg -> mpeg | avi

Joyce, Matthew said:

> I know there was a thread recently about compiling a series of jpeg images
> into a mpeg animation.
>
> I have done some googling but can't really find what I'm looking for.
> ImageMagick might be a solution but I have not followed up that vein of
> research.

I started the thread.. what are you looking for? the thread was useful
for me, though I haven't gotten deep into it yet, imagemagick to convert
the images to proper aspect ratio combined with ucbmpeg worked. the only
catch was to be MPEG compliant it needs a high framerate. It's not possible
to create a MPEG video with 2-3fps(what I wanted). So i wrote a perl script
to make 15 copies of each of my jpegs for encoding to simulate a 2 FPS
video. worked well. Only made 1 video, I hope to work on it more soon
to automate it. 990 frames of video came out to 1.4MB. Animated gif
was much different, I think it was about 4MB for about 20 frames.

nate