Re: C-Media CMI 8738 soundcard

Greetings!

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, mtsouk@freemail.gr wrote:
> I have downloaded kernel 2.4.18 sources and built a custom kernel.
> I want some quick and dirty instuctions on how to install and test my
> C-Media on board CMI 8738 soundcard and know that it is working properly.
Modprobing the cmpci module should be enough. Check if you compiled it
in /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/
add your users to group audio and just do 'modprobe cmpci' or use the
modconf tool...

> I would rather prefer to use the kernel and not any other drivers (like
> alas), if possible.
AFAIR the module works just fine - at least I had no problems with it on
Asus A7V333 mobo.

Regards,

--
=== Marcin Fusinski - qrchaque@master.pl ===
+++++ Glogow MASTERnet SETI User Group +++++