Re: x be mop out after upgrade in test of debian, please help

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seneca" <seneca-cunningham@rogers.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: x be mop out after upgrade in test of debian, please help

> On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:00:46PM -0700, eric wrote:
> > Dear Seneca or any linux users:
>
> No need to CC me, I read the list.
>
> > after I install xserver_xfree86
> > it have dialog window pop out, to configure my system
> > I choose xfree86
> > then it ask me chip, my agp card is 3Dfx(3dforce-15Mb)(so I choose tdfx
it
> > probably is not correct, please reponse)
> > then the otehr parameter(I almost hit return or follow this simple
example)
> > it is not work
> >
> > how do I re launch that configure chip and x 's program
> > I retype apt-get install xerver-xfree86  it say it already newest. so no
> > configure program launch
>
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
>
> --
> Seneca
> seneca-cunningham@rogers.com
>

> --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

after I reconfigure by the way you recomand, startx

(EE) no device detect

and everytime reboot to gdm, it flash 3 times(black screen)

I chose tdfx on my card, also leave keyboard feature and option blank(I only
hit return)

the other almost default

please help again, and highly appreciateyour time and effort

Sincere Eric