Re: .Xresources file

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 12:39:08AM -0500, sean finney wrote:
| On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:31:12PM +0900, Nick Hastings wrote:
| > > iirc, .Xresources is deprecated in favor of .Xdefaults.
| >
| > <shnipo>
| >
| > Hmm, I thought it was the other way around .Xdefaults deprecated...
| > anyway I always make one a symlink to the other.
|
| yeah, right you are.

Do you have any sources documenting this?  Using 'strace' on xterm I
see that only ~/.Xdefaults and ~/.Xdefaults-$HOSTNAME are opened.

I think I read somewhere that instead of a single file a directory
containing files named for the program could be used.  However, that
didn't seem to work when I tried it.  Does anyone have any pointers to
docs on this?  (I like the directory idea -- easier to manage)

-D

--
Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/