Re: Cups

sdownes wrote:
Struggling with Cups.
It is installed with apt-get
I can print a test page OK from Cups
I can print through cups from my windows box
Cups is updating /etc/printcap when I modify the printer

Printing from Abiword to lp does nothing
command line (lp -d lp@rm "filename") returns:-
	lp unable to print file server-error-service-unavailable
from a remote host or:-
	job queued but cant start daemon
(it isn't queued in cups)

Gotta be something simple - but less simple than me

Steve

I have CUPS and ABIWORD v. 1.0.2 here and Abiword works fine. I have the "cupsys-bsd" package installed and I can print with just the "lpr" command out of the Abiword print window. Perhaps Abiword is expecting a BSD-style printer?? Nothing special or extra on the command line.

HTH

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-