Cannot shutdown Tomcat with GLIBC in unstable

I just tried to shutdown Tomcat 4.1.12-2 using Sun JDK
1.3.1_03 on my box running unstable. I got the
following undefined symbol message and Tomcat does not
shutdown. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I
should do other than kill the Tomcat pids? I wonder if
I do that will Tomcat be able to restart?

usmghdebian:~# /usr/share/tomcat4/bin/shutdown.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat4/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/local/java1.3
Unable to load native library:
/usr/local/stow/jdk1.3.1_03/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so:
symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not
defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
usmghdebian:~#

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/