mplayer error

Hi !

I've been using mplayer from marillat.free.fr for a while now anf I
never had any problem with it.
But this morning, it suddenly crashed. I reinstalled it but that didn't
do anything.
Here is the error message I have:

$ mplayer
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90pre10-2.95.4 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6,
Stepping: 6)
MMX2 supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE

[cfg] read config file: /home/ajacoutot/.mplayer/gui.conf
vo: X11 running at 1600x1200 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0" => local
display)
Reading /home/ajacoutot/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/home/ajacoutot/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/codecs.conf: 44 audio & 110 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/ajacoutot/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (495 chars)
Failed to open /dev/rtc: Permission denied (mplayer should be setuid
root or /dev/rtc should be readable by the user.)
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/ajacoutot/.mplayer/input.conf : No
such file or directory
Input config file /etc/input.conf parsed : 50 binds
Setting up lirc support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed opening lirc support!
You won't be able to use your remote control

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: unknown
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM. Recompile MPlayer with
--enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. For details,
see DOCS/bugreports.html section 5.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen. It can be a bug in the MPlayer
code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc version. If you think it's
MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html and follow
instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you provide these
informations when reporting a possible bug.

I do have the rtc module loaded, and the device accessible only by root:
crw-rw----    1 root     root      10, 135 Mar 14  2002 /dev/rtc

If I launch mplayer as root, it works... So I guess it has something to
do with the /dev/rtc permission that should be rw for all users.
The  strange thing is that it always worked until this morning...
Nothing new on the machine...

If you have any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Antoine