Can't get KDE working!

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with my KDE not running, or rather it is running but all I get when I type:
  startx
is twm.

A few weeks ago, I installed woody on my computer and finally got X to work.  I have an ATI Rage 128 video card and during the installation, I chose KDE as my windows manager.  The installation did not properly set up my video card, I had to edit the XF86Config-4(I think that is the proper name) file.  But now, when I start Debian, I don't get the X server running but the startup says KDE is running.  When I type "startx" I get twm.  I even installed the latest XFree86.

1. How do I get X to start automatically?
2. How do I get KDE to run instead of twm?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice day!!

James E. Merritt

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom