Re: Exim permissions

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:14:04PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> Re time delay: I've just given it over 15 minutes to see what would
> happen, and it didn't flush its queue, and doing ps ax every so often
> has revealed no trace of exim or any other mail programs running.

Not shure you have a real problem, as exim in the default install
tends to be running just to delivery and then stop, so you would
have a hard time finding a trace of exim with ps.  To be sure that
exim really does his queue check upon ppp connection you could add
this short line to /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim:

    touch /tmp/exim-did-run

To see the last time exim did run it's ppp trigered queue run do:

    ls -l /tmp/exim-did-run

--
groetjes, carel