Re: Cheap CDs

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 05:06, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> Maybe I've just read past this several times in the package list without
> my brain catching what was being said, but what is a good program for
> cloning bootable data CDs? I want to make a couple extra copies of the
> Woody CDs, and with both a burner and a CD-ROM on my box, I'd like to be
> able to just load both up and *copy*, but nothing seems to handle it all
> that well. I know that Xcdroast will clone audio CDs, but that is not my
> goal.

cat /dev/cdrom > cd.iso

cdrecord -scanbus	that gets you the device number for your burner
			eg 0,3,0 for dev=

cdrecord -v speed=your_burner_speed dev=x,y,z cd.iso

The boot stuff is already in the iso image, it got put there during the
mkisofs stage ( assuming it's a bootable cd you are copying ).

If you want to check the iso image before burning it

mount -r -t iso9660 -o loop cd.iso /mnt
Maybe as root for the mount.

Much easier than stuffing abround with the guis

Bob