power off problem

Hi,

After upgraded to woody, my debian box can't be switched off by using
'halt' command. I have to push the button everytime after 'power down'
is shown on the screen.

I've already included the APM module when compiling the kernel. And also
have the apmd started. Is there anything else I have to take care?

'uname -a' shows the following info:
Linux debian 2.4.18 #6 SMP Thu Sep 12 21:29:09 CST 2002 i686 unknown

the [General setup] section of my .config file is followed.

Thanks for any ideas in advance!

--
lin

# General setup
#
CONFIG_NET=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
CONFIG_PCI=y
# CONFIG_PCI_GOBIOS is not set
# CONFIG_PCI_GODIRECT is not set
CONFIG_PCI_GOANY=y
CONFIG_PCI_BIOS=y
CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT=y
CONFIG_PCI_NAMES=y
# CONFIG_EISA is not set
# CONFIG_MCA is not set
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y

#
# PCMCIA/CardBus support
#
# CONFIG_PCMCIA is not set

#
# PCI Hotplug Support
#
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_COMPAQ is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_COMPAQ_NVRAM is not set
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
# CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT is not set
CONFIG_SYSCTL=y
CONFIG_KCORE_ELF=y
# CONFIG_KCORE_AOUT is not set
CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y