setting up internet connection

Hello all,

I just finished installing the base system for debian. Even though I don't have anything on it right now, it's still better than Redhat. OK, unlike what I thought would happen, when I was installing debian, it never prompted me if I wanted for internet configuration. I figure that this is the most important thing for me since I plan to get more software through this method. How can I set up dhcp so that it gets all the necessary information for my pc? I'm using road runner and I can also get info through ipconfig but I'd rather use dhcp unless someone can give me a good reason not to.
 All help is greatly appreciated.

bp