Re: apt error, Dynamic MMap ran out of room

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:36:02AM -0500, Walter Tautz wrote:
> > E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> > E: Error occured while processing ifplugd (NewFileVer1)
> > E: Problem with MergeList
> > /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> > E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> >
> > I am running woody with some packages from testing....
>
> Read the list archives, this has been asked in the last 24 hours.
>
> -rob

I changed the source list entry to point to a different mirror...problem
disappears....it is not because of a lot of entries in sources.list and
having to change apt.conf settings (btw, what entry controls max num of
sources.list entries).... NOTE. I am only running a handful of testing packages,
not testing completely. certainly not

mind enlightening me on what was asked in the last 24 hours...