Re: trying out 2.4.19 w/pcmcia+DHCP debian woody

Greg Madden said:

> What message do you get if you manyually run 'dhclient' ?
> It seems somewhat common to miss one of the following , during the  kernel
> compile.
>
> # Networking options
> #
> CONFIG_PACKET=m
> CONFIG_FILTER=y

yes, it seems I forgot config_filter! I've always gotten it in 2.2
must've missed it in the 2.4 config. Shutting down eth0 and running
dhclient by itself returns nothing, I just get a new prompt
(it doesn't get an IP either), running dhclient-2.2.x spits out the
warning about config_filter.

I'll enable config_filter and see what happens

thanks for the quick reply!

nate