Re: geforce4

* sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> [28-11-2002 18:11]:
> i and a few others have answered this question 3 or 4 times in the
> past week or so... for future reference it really helps to search
> through the mail archive for your question before asking it, but since
> i still have the answer grepped from my outbox, here's the "debian way":

[snipped: steps to build your own drivers]

The steps Sean describes are detailed at compiling your own drivers
available from Nvidia. If you don't need 3d or any other fancy
stuff AND you don't want to spend time to compile them, you can
also install XFree from unstable. You can run your desktop using the
nv driver that is part of standard distribution of XFree.

However, if you run a stable box, upgrading to unstable is also a
lot of work.

The excellent Reference Guide together with the APT howto will
assist you further in working on the outline Sean provided, should
you want to go that route :
http://www.debian.org/doc/#manuals

Bob