Re: commercial scientific programs on Debian

for Maple8 it is Ok !

Faheem Mitha wrote:
Dear People,

I was wondering whether how well (or at all) some commercial
scientific programs run on Debian, say Sarge. Specifically, I was
wondering about Gauss, Mathematica, Matlab, SAS, Splus. I think that
Mathematica runs ok, but I'm not sure about the others. I suppose in
most cases these programs are only available as binaries, so there
would have to be compatibility between these binaries and the Debian
shared libraries. Also, most of these commercial programs only support
the commercial Linux distributions like Redhat/SuSE. If anyone has
specific information about these programs, please let me know, and for
simplicity let us assume that I am talking about the most recent
versions. Thanks.

Faheem.