Re: mounting floppies

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 02:12:43AM +0200, Egor Tur wrote:
> > This line is probably already in your /etc/fstab. You should also be a
> > member of group "floppy".
> >My /etc/filesysytems
> >  vfat
> >  minix
>
> Strangely. I did not found /etc/filesystems on my Debian Woody & Sarge.
> What package contains this file?

I made it. An exerpt from mount(8):

                                      If no -t option is given, or
  if the auto type is specified, the superblock is probed for  the
  filesystem  type (adfs, bfs, cramfs, ext, ext2, ext3, hfs, hpfs,
  iso9660, jfs, minix, ntfs,  qnx4,  reiserfs,  romfs,  udf,  ufs,
  vxfs,  xfs,  xiafs  are  supported).  If this probe fails, mount
  will try to read the file /etc/filesystems, or, if that does not
  exist,  /proc/filesystems.   All  of the filesystem types listed
  there will be tried, except for those that are  labeled  "nodev"
  (e.g.,  devpts,  proc  and  nfs).  If /etc/filesystems ends in a
  line with a single * only,  mount  will  read  /proc/filesystems
  afterwards.

  The auto type may be useful for user-mounted floppies.  Creating
  a file /etc/filesystems can be useful to change the probe  order
  (e.g.,  to  try vfat before msdos) or if you use a kernel module
  autoloader.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com