Re: geforce4

roll your own kernel with make-kpkg, or at least install the
  kernel-headers package for your kernel version
# cd /usr/src/linux && make-kpkg binary
(then look for debs in /usr/src, or)
# apt-get install kernel-headers-2.x.x

- install the following packages:
# apt-get install nvidia-glx-src nvidia-kernel-src
- extract the nvidia module source
# cd /usr/src && tar xvfz nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz
- build the kernel module for the nvidia card
# cd /usr/src/linux && make-kpkg modules_image
- then in /usr/src you should have a .deb package for nvidia kernel
# cd /usr/src && dpkg -i nvidia-kernel-2.x.x_rev_i386.deb
- then install the glx stuff
# cd /usr/src/nvidia-glx_version && dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
  nvidia-glx and ends with .deb
- finally, reconfigure X, which i strongly recommend that you do with
  debconf
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

when you finally reconfigure your X server, there will be a new module
called nvidia, which you'll want to select."

TNX for the info but when I try to install the drivers, my installation
stops when trying to install the kernel-headers. How could I add a special
location to APT's source list (say a directory on a harddisk)?

Zee