Re: Updates to Sarge?

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 01:39:25PM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 10:02, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Correct. Nothing meaningful in sarge will change until somebody fixes
> > glibc. Also, testing updates were temporarily stopped after the fiery
> > death of non-us.debian.org; see debian-devel recently.
>
> Okay, so my question and potential reasons weren't wild and scurrilous
> speculation on my part this time.

:-)

> Should we expect that when glibc is ready, we will be looking at an
> apt-get upgrade for a system pinned to Testing will prove to be > 100
> packages?

It wouldn't surprise me. There are currently 900 packages waiting for a
fixed glibc (although they may be waiting for other things too, so take
that figure with a pinch of salt).

If aj decides to restart the testing scripts (he commented that there
wasn't much point at the moment since glibc was stuck), a few
documentation updates or updates to packages based on certain scripting
languages might make it through, but that's about it.