Re: Mouse Jumping

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:16:16 -0500, Dominic Iadicicco wrote:

>My mouse is jumping all over the place in X. any Idea on how to stop this.  I ve tried changing the device in the XFree86Config file to Imps/2 and that didn't work. It still jumps a round in X.

It would be nice if you would lose the HTML, and set wordwrap to 72 or
so.

In gpm.conf, make 'repeat_type=raw'

In XFree86Config[-4], in Section "Input Device" (mouse)

	Option		"Device"			"/dev/gpmdata"

This will give you mouse in both console and X.  What has been happening
is that when "Device" is ,say, psaux, then it is fighting with gpm for
mouse input.  If X uses gpmdata, and gpm relays "raw" then peace breaks
out.
--
gt       kk5st@sbcglobal.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---