Re: Installation failure, module error

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 11:18:25AM +0100, Andreas wrote:
> I´m trying to install Debian over the internet, using floppydisks. I
> encounter an error when I shall "Configure device driver modules". When
> I choose to do so, the installer says:
>
> "No modules were found in /target/lib/modules/2.2.19 that could be
> configured. Please install the kernel modules first, by running the
> "Configure device driver modules" step.
>
> Well, thats just what I´m doing. Anyone got any solution for this
> problem, or at all any idea what´s causing it? I must go through this
> step to configure my NIC for the installation itself. Is there any
> image.bin somewhere that I can download and use for my network card (an
> old 3Com Etherlink III)?.

Are you using 2.4.18-bf2.4 floppy disk? I have encountered this problem
once. The installer downloaded 2.2.20 kernel and drivers for me. I solved
it by downloading the proper resuce.bin (for kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4) and
drivers.tgz (also for 2.4.18-bf2.4) before installation. At step "Install
kernel and driver modules", tell the installer to fetch the proper files
locally.

You can switch to console by "Alt+F2", check the
/target/lib/modules/ directory, find the version of kernel and drivers
downloaded by the installer. Perhaps it's just a wrong version.

Qian