Re: Nautilus and Gnome Panels

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 18:38, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Using sawfish. How do I fix it? Thanks Mark.
>
> Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

> >>"saw them dissapear" ?  Which way did they go? [checks under the
> >>keyboard. No. Not there..... Sorry. couldn't resist :-)  English is
> >>not my native language either...]
> >>
> >>Is it gnome 1.4?  And does the panel crash (=gnome crash dialog)
> >>
> >>If so, then I'm trying to track down a very similar bug (#170737). If
> >>you have any information on it, it might help...
> >>
> >>--
> >>          _  __
> >>|\(_|| | |_   |(/)| (_|(-'| |`-,(-`| |       http://www.karl.jorgensen.com
> >>            \_|      _|
> >>

> >Actually, I would suggest that, depending on the window manager used,
> >the panel et al could be *under* the Nautilus desktop, particularly if
> >the desktop itself isn't locked in place. The panel and all are still
> >there, but the Nautilus desktop is incorrectly stacked.

Okay, which versions of each are you using? The times I've seen this
around Sawfish have more to do with the editions in Experimental before
Gnome2 moved to Sid, and piecemeal installation of Gnome2 - you could be
short the upgrading of a library or two.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org