Re: How do you recover a long filename that Wndows squashed?

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:15:38 -0500, "Wathen, Metherion"
<mwathen@bsadesign.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>i havent tried ls, thanks for the tip, both the file on the cd and the one
>copied to the hd of my linux box have a filename that is shortened when read
>from midnight commander.
>
>thanks again, i'll try ls
>(i'll be on holiday for awhile before i can post results)
>mw

Well here's something else to try when you get back:

I just had another look at my dodgy CD and it isn't dodgy anymore!
What's changed? It's a multisession CD and I've written another track
to it using Nero 5.5.7.8 in Windoze. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, if your
dodgy CD is a multisession one and you fire up Nero 5.5x and write
some more files to it, your long filenames will come back... remember
to configure Nero's "ISO" tab as in my earlier post.

Pigeon