Re: a couple of install questions

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 01:18:55PM -0500, Meredith Richmond wrote:
> hi,
> i have an old Acer 486 notebook computer that is currently using win95.
> i would like to start using debian but i didn't see it in your list of
> compatible computer types... is it still possible to install it?

well one way to find out :)  seriously, it will almost certainly install,
but you may find that you have trouble with stuff like X (which i don't
know if you'd want to be running on a 486 anyways) and stuff like your
sound card.

> also my notebook isn't highspeed, but i have a computer that is, would
> there be any problems downloading to one computer and burning an
> install disk to use on another computer?

not at all, though if you can get network connectivity with the laptop
you may find it faster to just boot from a 'compact' bootfloppy and
install over the net.

good luck
	sean