Re: Non-Linux-aware ISP: please spoon feed

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:25:30PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2002 19:21:53 -0600, John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
>
> >Stephen Gran writes:
> >> In /etc/ppp/peers/ukonline, make sure you have 'usepeerdns' somewhere
> >> towards the bottom of the file (at least, that's always been it's place <
> >> in my experience, don't know if it really matters).
> >
> >Pppconfig should have put usepeerdns in the file if he selected 'Dynamic'.
> >Order doesn't matter in /etc/ppp/options.
>
> So should it be in /etc/ppp/peers/ukonline or /etc/ppp/options?

I'd say in /etc/ppp/peers/ukonline - it will make it specific to that
provider.

IIRC the logic is:
- defaults come from /etc/ppp/options
- which get overridden/supplemented device-dependent options in
  /etc/ppp/options.tty*
- which gets overridden by /etc/ppp/peers/* (when you use "pppd call" or
  "pon")
- which gets overridden by the command line

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com        http://karl.jorgensen.com