Re: ext2 vs ext3 vs xfs vs reiserfs

It was a mixup betwin reiserfs and automount, I am not sure which one
is responsible or if it is  a joint venture, it seemed to just remove
the link to the root folder somehow.
I am afraid I don't feel like debugging it though, other then that, I
am running reiserfs for some time now on to computers, (one died of an
unrelated problem) and it hasn't given any other trouble.

An advantage for ext2/3 is on a dualboot system there is a graphical
tool to access ext2/3 from win (explore2fs or something like it) which
is easier to use then the commandline rfstool.