Re: ide-scsi grabs everything

--- Jason Pepas <j.pepas@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have both ide-cd and ide-scsi compiled as modules.  When I modprobe
>
> ide-scsi, it grabs all non-hard drive ide devices (the burner and the
> zip
> drive).  Is there a way to make it just grab the burner?
I found these two on Google:
- at kernel boot time pass the option: "hdd=scsi"

- load the ide-cd module with modprobe ide-cd ignore=hdd. This can also
be accomplished by placing this line: "options ide-cd ignore=hdd" in
the /etc/modules.conf file

> also, before I modprobe ide-scsi, the burner should still be
> /dev/hdc, but I
> cannot mount it (mount reports not valid block device).  Any ideas?
what mount command are you using, and is there a mountable cd in?  Not
an audio CD!

> thanks,
> jason pepas

HTH - Shawn