Re: CNAME in DNS: having a cname for a different domain than my domain...

Irvin Temp said:

> home-woody.dm0nkz.net.  A  192.168.0.1
>
> vhosta.testing.org. 		CNAME	hanz-woody
> vhostb				CNAME	hanz-woody

I'm no DNS expert but I learned a few years back that CNAMEs
required FQDNs to funciton on both sides, so you would need

vhosta.testing.org.       IN CNAME     hanz-woody.testing.org.
vhostb.testing.org.       IN CNAME     hanz-woody.testing.org.

for it to work, and of course there'd have to be a A record for
hanz-woody as well, something like

hanz-woody                IN A         192.168.0.1

nate