kernel recompile

This is a response to all here. Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.org ....
make xconfig
make dep
make clean vmlinuz-2.4.19 modules modules_install
make install

Then copied the kernel and map to /boot, edited lilo, ran lilo, and presto!
The new kernel works great and I like Debian even more now.

_BUT_ even though I enabled UFS read support when I compiled, it still is
unable to read UFS (sunx86). Any ideas?

Craig Jackson