Re: Postfix relaying like crazy !!!

-- Curtis <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 26 November 2002, 06:33 AM -0800):
>    Here I am still relaying like crazy. Here's an example.  Interestingly
>    enough, as of lately it's all to carolyn.d @ changing domains. They are
>    not even FQDNs and still its relaying. This is nuts.
Did you uncomment the "relay_domains" directive as several of us
suggested?

I ask this, because I was running as an open relay for several months
after setting up Postfix on my (then) Slackware server. After setting
"relay_domains", "smtpd_client_restrictions", and "mynetworks", my
problems went away. The full settings for my "TRUST AND RELAY CONTROL"
section are:
    smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unknown_client
    mynetworks = 192.168.0.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
    relay_domains = *.domain.tld
where "domain.tld" is my domain.

Try this out, make sure you restart (not just reload) postfix, and then
see what happens.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net