Re: Postfix server acting as relay !!!!

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:53:59 -0800
Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:

> Well, I took your advice, except for the check_relay_domains, but
> still I am relaying. I guess the intended recipients have FQDNs.
>
> check_relay_domains I am not using because originally that is what I
> did, but it would only relay to those domains.  What if an authorized
> user wishes to send a letter to someone at yahoo.com?  It's not in the
>
> relay domains, therefore it is dropped.
>
> Curtis

I don't know how to do it in PostFix but for my Exim setup I allow
relaying TO any domain but only FROM machines on the local net or FROM
authorized users using SMTP-AUTH (must have a valid user/password on the
mail host).

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com