Re: Non-Linux-aware ISP: please spoon feed

Karl E. Jorgensen said:

> To the front line people it is almost as comprehensible as Greek with a
> Urdu dialect.  Whenever I call my ISP reporting problems with them I
> prentend that I'm in front of the other OS.

yeah, reminds me of a few episodes..

ISP: Please reboot your computer
me: I don't need to reboot, I just reset the interfaces
ISP: Please reboot your computer
me: I don't need to reboot what will that do for me
ISP: Please reboot your computer
me: ok, rebooting ..
(10 seconds later, meanwhile of course I do not reboot)
me: ok its back, same problem
ISP: ok then onto the next step ..

funny how at least I've never been questioned how I can shut down and
reboot and come back up in 10 seconds. hell my switch takes longer then
that to reboot(about 60 seconds).

nate