Re: rescue disk for powerPC (beige G3)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:34:46PM -0800, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I am trying to run a beige G3 mac (powerpc) with only linux on it (no
> mac-os) which rools out bootX if I can.

I actually don't think this is possible.  The beige G3 seems to occupy
some strange space between NewWorld and OldWorld, and neither yaboot nor
qwik can boot it.  I struggled with this for some time before giving up
and using BootX on a really tiny MacOS 9 installation.  It sucks, but it
works.

debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org might be able to give you more info,
though I don't think they'll be able to help you get rid of BootX.

noah