Re: hosts.deny specific domains

Am Mon, 2002-11-25 um 15.39 schrieb Lance Hoffmeyer:
> I have a home network and I have been having
> certain IP's probe my samba ports.  I want to deny
> all access to these IP's.  Would I put some sort
> of commands in my hosts.deny file? If so, what?

RTM

$ cat /etc/hosts.deny

# /etc/hosts.deny: list of hosts that are _not_ allowed to access the
#                  system.
#                  See the manual pages hosts_access(5),
#                  hosts_options(5)
#                  and /usr/doc/netbase/portmapper.txt.gz

-> man 5 hosts_access

IIRC hosts.allow/hosts.deny do only work for services started by inetd.
Since Samba is running as a deamon, those files are ignored.

> Any other recommendations?

Set up a packetfilter and / or check the Samba manual to see if you can
controll access using Samba options.

--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice