Re: need some help on lynx

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:00:54PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:

> hello all
>
> this is something i have tried to do but could not.
>
> typically, every day, i go to google. go to google news. switch to text
> mode. all this is done by way of links provided on the page.
>
> once in the text mode news, i type in the same query in the space
> provided.
>
> i wanted to know if i can automate the whole thing or at least the last
> typing a query part of it. may be i can store the query in a text file
> and be done. there is an 's' option in lynx but i did not understand it
> much.

1. Save the html source for http://news.google.com/ to a file.

2. Open the file in a text editor.

3. Locate the line beginning "input type=text name=q ..."

4. Replace value="" with value="my frequent query".

5. Remove unwanted material from the file (optional).

5. Save the file and bookmark it.

Brian.