Re: Kernel panic booting woody 2.4.18 "root=301"

--- Tom Schutter <t.schutter@att.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 07:44, Charles Baker wrote:
> >
> > --- Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
> wrote:
> > > IOpener.  I am
> and
> > > then hooking it up to
> > > attempt to boot with the
> > > 03:01
> > >
> > > The IOpener may not be seeing the disk as hda
> (aka
> > > 03:01).  Please post
> > > the messages before that as it may tell you what
> the
> > > kernel thinks the
> > > disk is called, or if it doesn't see it at all.
> >
> > {{SNIP}}
> >
> > I had the same problem when I first moved to a
> 2.4.x
> > kernel on a plain intel based machine. The problem
> wa
> > slack of initrd line in lilo.conf . For example,
> >
> > image=/vmlinuz
> >         initrd=/initrd.img
> >         label=Linux
> >         read-only
> > #       restricted
> > #       alias=1
>
> AFAIK this is only required by 2.4.19, and I am
> running 2.4.18.
> But of course, I could be wrong...

I have needed this on 2.4.18-686 and 2.4.18-686-smp .
I also needed it on whatever the first 2.4.x (2.4.16?)
kernel, and any in between that one and 2.4.18, was to
be included with woody when it was still testing and
not stable.

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/