unsubscribe

debian-user-digest Digest				Volume 2002 : Issue 598

Today's Topics:
  Gnome session error -- "gnome-smprox  [ LUK ShunTim <ShunTim.Luk@polyu.edu. ]
  GDM                                   [ New Star Service Company <newstar@g ]
  Re: ide-scsi and initrd               [ David P James <dpjames@rogers.com> ]
  Re: debian crashes server (can't use  [ bob parker <bob_parker@dodo.com.au> ]
  Re: OT: debian powerpc: 64 bit or 32  [ Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> ]
  Re: OT: debian powerpc: 64 bit or 32  [ Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> ]
  file permissions with devfsd          [ "John L. Fjellstad" <john-list@fjel ]
  Re: Gnome session error -- "gnome-sm  [ Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> ]
  Re: GDM                               [ Matthias Hentges <eebe@gmx.net> ]
  Re: Consquences of changing hostname  [ Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> ]
  Re: ide-scsi and initrd               [ Bob Hauck <bobh@haucks.org> ]
  Re: Open Source file delivery for ap  [ Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> ]
  Re: ide-scsi and initrd               [ Bob Hauck <bobh@haucks.org> ]
  Re: Open Source file delivery for ap  [ Lukas Ruf <ruf@rawip.org> ]
  Re: exim, mutt, fetchmail             [ Mark Copper <m.copper@wayne.edu> ]
  Re: i always end-up in frame buffer   [ Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcg ]
  ms windows                            [ "O.B.Gilmour" <obgilmour@yahoo.com> ]

Subject:
Gnome session error -- "gnome-smproxy: unable to connect to session"
From:
LUK ShunTim <ShunTim.Luk@polyu.edu.hk>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:44:03 +0800
To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org

Hello,

My gnome-session has been working well but recently after some general upgrade, I encounter the following error:

"gnome-smproxy: unable to connect to session"

when I tried to start X I'm using startx to do it.

My system is sid with gnome/gnome-2 dist-updated just yesterday.
I had tried deleting my user ~/.gnome tree as suggested by a google search for "unable to connect to session" but to no avail. However, I cannot find any discussion of this problem in the debian list archives.
Grateful for any pointer.

Good day,
ST