Re: samba question *Solved*

Peter Hicks wrote:

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 10:10:35PM -0800, Michelle Storm wrote:
being a lazy sys admin i like rcconf install it using : apt-get install rcconf
run it and just choose what you wish to run and what not .
Moti
Thanks, worked wonderfully. Glad I did it this way. The other way would
have been a pain.. (if I'm reading this correctly, there were 7 spots to
modify to stop samba from auto-loading)

update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/samba exists during rc.d purge (continuing)
Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/samba ...
 /etc/rc0.d/K19samba
 /etc/rc1.d/K19samba
 /etc/rc2.d/S20samba
 /etc/rc3.d/S20samba
 /etc/rc4.d/S20samba
 /etc/rc5.d/S20samba
 /etc/rc6.d/K19samba

Thanks to all that replied.

Kent West wrote:

* use the tool that modifies the scripts for you, which is often mentioned on this list, but which I can _never_ remember the name of nor the syntax, as demonstrated by the fact that I didn't name it here, nor did I find any clues just now with "apt-cache search" or "apropos"

Peter Hicks wrote:

I am surprised that no one mentioned update-rc.d

# update-rc.d -f samba remove

That's the one!  :-)

Kent