proftpd questions

I'm interested in restricting what directories proftp will show to
users. I know that on the /home/* I can just do a chmod o-rwx /home/*
and that fixes that.. but I want proftpd limited to /home/

currently I only want proftpd to be able to access /home/shared
but I want it's base to be /home/

what's the easiest way to do this? I've already limited it to only being
able to access /home/shared in the /home/ dir... but people can still cd
/ and at least view the rest of the filesystem. I want to prevent any
viewing except in /home/

Sorry if I repeated a lot, but I am a little out of it today.

Thanks in advance,
--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.