Re: exim, mutt, fetchmail

This one time, at band camp, Mark Copper said:
> I'm want to set up e-mail on my Debian box and am having trouble with
> basics.
>
> When I start mutt, I get an error message:
> 	/var/mail/<myusername>: no such file or directory
>
> And indeed there is not.  Should there be?  Is this an exim or mutt or
> simply a permissions thing?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Send yourself a test message:
mail -s "making a mailbox" <myusername>@localhost < any_text_file

That will create the mailbox, unless you have any filtering going on, or
use ~/Maildir or something.

If you use Maildir, or filtering, tell mutt where the mailspool is in
.muttrc

HTH,
  |Stephen Gran                  |                                             |
  |steve@lobefin.net             |                                             |
  |http://www.lobefin.net/~steve |                                             |