Can only see other sessions on multisession as root

Hello,
I've recently installed Debian woody using the bf24 option (kernel version 2.4.18-bf2.4) on a Pentium 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, and have a Toshiba DVD/CDwriter SDR 1202. After using gtoaster to write a multisession CD, I try to view the contents of the cd by typing
$mount /cdrom
Using
$ls  /cdrom
I can only see the first session. But if I become root and type
#mount -o session=2 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
I can see the other sessions by typing
# ls /cdrom
Is this the only way to view the other sessions on a multisession CD. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do it as a normal user and not root. Can anyone help? I've also included my fstab if it'll be of any help.

/dev/hda1       /               ext3    errors=remount-ro       0       1
/dev/hda2       none            swap    sw                      0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
/dev/hda3       /local  ext3    defaults                        0       2

Thanks,
BL