Re: Cannot install lg-base; possible dependency issue with perlapi/libhtml-parser-perl?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:49:06AM -0800, Mike Vitale wrote:
> Hi folks.  I've been using Debian for a few weeks now;
> starting to get a handle on installing things and
> tracking down issues.
>
> I'm trying to install the Linux Gazette packages, and
> I'm running into issues somewhere around the Perl
> packages.
[...]
> [root@halfadozen ~]$ dpkg -l | grep perl
> ii  libperl5.6     5.6.1-7        Shared Perl library.
> ii  libperl5.8     5.8.0-13       Shared Perl library.
> ii  perl           5.8.0-13       Larry Wall's
> Practical Extraction and Report
> ii  perl-base      5.8.0-13       The Pathologically
> Eclectic Rubbish Lister.
> ii  perl-modules   5.8.0-13       Core Perl modules.
[...]
> http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

Somehow you've managed to pull perl from unstable despite using testing.
You'll probably have to pull other selected packages from unstable too.
It's all perfectly installable providing you're using one or the other
:), it's just that the transition is a bit rough.