Re: switch xdm off

    "Johan" == Johan van der Walt <johan@fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za> writes:

    Johan> Xdm on my pc comes up with KDE. I would like to change that
    Johan> to, say, Windowmaker. How can I change that?

Your best bet would be to write your own .xsession file to start your
own window manager.

Otherwise look at /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager and
/etc/alternatives/x-window-manager. If you undefine the former it
should start the latter.

'man update-alternatives' to messa round with these links.

I believe you should look in

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/50xfree86-common_determine-startup

to figure out how it all works.

I have not tried this out.

Like I said, write an .xsession file in your home directory. Get a
copy of /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/examples/xsession.gz and edit it!

Good luck!
Cheers!