Re: Virus Alert - ScanMail for Lotus Notes

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 05:03:38PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> This list allows non-subscribers to post, right?  Why is that?

If you've been around for a bit, you'll have seen really quite frequent
posts from people saying "I can't handle the volume of this list, so I'm
not subscribed; please cc me on replies". The spam volume, especially
with SpamAssassin running on the list host, is nowhere near high enough
to justify blowing off those people.