Re: CD Burning

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:01:50 +0000 (GMT), Rus Foster wrote:

> I'm trying to get my ATAPI CD-RW working. Now reading the howto I've
> enable scsi emulations and added hdc=ide-scsi to /etc/lilo.conf.

I think that if your scsi emulation is set up and working correctly, you
don't need to worry about the extra line in lilo.conf.  At least, I
don't have anything like that in my lilo.conf file and my atapi cdrw
works like butter. Now that I've said that, I'll go home tonight and it
will be hosed beyond hope. ;)

The key modules you want to make sure are working are (I believe)
ide_scsi, sg, sr_mod, and maybe one more starting with sr_.  I'm doing
this from memory, so don't quote me on this.  IIRC, running modconf and
selecting the main ide_scsi module will automatically select the rest of
the ones you need.

So as a first cut, I'd say remove the line from lilo.conf (don't
forget to run lilo again) and see what that gets you.

Good luck.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli